Sunday, December 21, 2008

College Fjord, Alaska




























August 31st – Sunday:




College Fjord: Our first Glacier stop, I’m sorry to report I missed because I thought we were supposed to dock and get to go offshore. We arrived in College Fjord Glacier at 8AM, I was sound asleep so I missed the scenic look out. I dug into the history and attraction over this Glacier point and here’s what I found out: The glaciers found in College Fjord are all named after the colleges of the east coast. There are 5 major glaciers found in this park, the 2 most popular being the largest is Yale Glacier, followed by Amherst Glacier, the other 3 are small ones and are almost not noticeable.


This was our first formal dinner, we all got dressed up for the Captain’s Ball, everyone got dressed to the hilt, I wore my Barong Tagalog (Filipino Men’s National Formal Attire), as usual, like the night before, our dinner was excellent, I ate 2 servings of main courses, Filet Mignon steak and Salmon. As the evening progressed we felt the ship rockin’ and rolin’ we were in open sea, Mom got seasick she decided to go to bed and sleep it off, Vanessa turned in early as well. Sandy & I went to watch a musical show rivaling the Vegas shows I have seen, after that we decided to sit at the main entertainment lounge and listen to the band playing oldies music.

No comments:

Post a Comment