Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hastings, New Zealand - Food & Flowers

December 29-30, 2010 - Dinner with Kayvin and Nilda de Leon...

 New Zealand's CrayFish - bigger than our Maine Lobster, this one is only a 7 pounder, they grow as much as 12 pounds, can't imagine eating a 24 pounds crayfish, this 7 pounder took us 2 dinners to finish...

 This one was caught by our friend Kayvin, he had 4 of these and we can only handle one - yummm.... too much cholesterol...

 Live fresh green New Zealand Mussels, sold in every grocery stores as well as all other local fish and crayfish...
 My sister served us the best, sweetest and most delicious cherries... crunchy & yummy...
These beautiful flowers belong to my sister's neighbor, just full of bloom, vibrant and bright, I was tempted to cut them and make flower arrangments or something, luckily, my sister prefer silk flowers (they dont die...)
 Another gorgeous flower, the African Daisy, tall long stems and feathered petals...
Perhaps the most surprising floral discovery of this tour was this giant Protea bush, again grown like a regular garden plant, these blooms would probably cost a tidy sum in the florist market... I remember for my daughter's wedding, I was checking out the salmon protea at the LA FlowerMart, each stem cost about $3.50 per stem, and that was whole sale price...

1 comment:

  1. NiceNice blog, I like your blog you also see this topic blog, I like your blog you also see this topic

    ReplyDelete